A recent study by the Retail Advertising and Marketing Association (RAMA), a division of the National Retail Federation (NRF), shows some interesting facts about how people interact online:
- Seven out of 10 social media users between the ages of 18 and 34 regularly use Facebook more than other sites such as MySpace, Twitter and Classmates.
- 71.8 percent of social media users say that after an online search, they communicate with others about a product or service with face-to-face communication.
- More people who use social media prefer to give advice about a product or service rather than receive it.
- Social media users are more likely to use other new media compared to adults 18-plus.
- 70.6 percent of female social media users regularly use Facebook, compared to 61 percent of males.
- More men than women prefer to communicate with others via cell phone conversation after searching for a product or service online.
Information like that should influence how you market your business. Are you using Twitter, Facebook or any other social media network to communicate important events, news, sales, special offers concerning your business?
Communication today has to be taken in the round and if you don’t use the phone to reach your customers effectively they will be somebody else’s.
At Phonesmith we can guide you on all aspects of effective telephone calling, the business tool of today, tomorrow and more importantly the future.